Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day in Japan!

Yesterday I flew out from LAX. Here's a pic of what the seats looked like, well more like the entertainment.


Plus! those two seats next to me remained empty for the rest of the flight so when I took a nap I got to lay across all three seats. And also because I'm short I got to stretch allll the way out. I know, lucky me.

Anywho, we arrived at our destination an hour early! (Pretty good day, ya?) And as we flew closer and closer to Japan I saw a very nostalgic view: smog.

Here are a few shots from the air:

Then after passing through customs, baggage check, and taking a 2 hour bus ride to Mito, I finally got to my hotel room. It's a little small....
But they did give me a yukata!


Oh ya this is pretty neat. When you walk into your room you stick in your key and that turns on all the electrical appliances. Then, when you leave you have to take your key which turns off everything. Energy conservation! Pretty clever

1 comment:

  1. i think the hotel room is neat! esp the whole key/electricity thing!!

    ReplyDelete